Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

If you think the title is too cliche tough shit, it's my last entry and I'll do as I please. Yep, last ever entry until I start a different blog. Hmm, stay tuned and you'll find out all about it, if it in fact it comes into being. If you're a fan of Savannah she'll know before I do when I do the new blog.

I flew into LAX yesterday morning at 12:30 and since this is Los Angeles I didn't get to my home until 3pm. Where does the time go? Lost in traffic and wrong turns and shortcuts that turn into longcuts I suppose. It didn't really matter anyway as I had to got straight to Panavision and prep a camera for a music video shooting overnight tonight. It's funny, I was so happy to be on the prep floor with a bunch of other people who I hadn't seen in two months. It was nice to have that familiar feeling of belonging again. The gear even felt nice in my hands, that's how happy I was to be home.

Speaking of home, it's a mess. I forgot to tell my pal that I was coming home so she didn't get a chance to straighten up. Oh well, it'll all get sorted eventually and all will be well-balanced and happy again. I'm just happy to be in my bed, in my room that really is bigger than the Ikea yurt, with my girl and my dog all cuddled up and peaceful. Yeah, so I'm up too early and need to stock the fridge and buy toilet paper and clean up a ton of dog hair and get Ghost groomed and then go to work but hey, I'm home!

You've all been way too kind to me and my creative shortcomings. Hey everybody, thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

The Usual Suspects!! Great flick...

We are all glad you're home. And Thank you for your service in the endless duty of providing the blanket of safety that millions of us will sleep soundly under again for another night of freedom in America.

(Sadly though, Most of us within that million will take you and what you've been through for granted.)

But on behalf of those who know better and appreciate you, again Thank You.....=0)

Pat said...

Nice to see your photo over at your Mum's.

savannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
savannah said...

uh, that was me... ;-)

Momentary Madness said...

..... ther is only one world.
The opposites are within us, and we project outwards.
The HELL, and the keeper there of is what we create within ourselves.
----------
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer