All I can think of right now is skateboarding. I've been reading about it, watching videos, and generally just thinking about how much I want to get back to riding a skateboard every day. I let it go for awhile but getting banged up served to remind me that I'm not an old man yet. Yeah, sure, I'll never be as good as I was, which wasn't hot shit anyway, but I can still manage some ledges, gaps, ditches, mini-ramps, and pools. I dunno, getting hurt always makes you remember that you're alive and I'm feeling insanely alive right now. It's like I've been shown, through pain and blood, that I don't have to have the fear. The fear of getting hurt, the fear of failing, the fear of anything. Maybe this is one more step on the road back to rediscovering my happiness. The happy I used to experience when I was skating a lot and the creative juices were really flowing. I'm not sure how I lost my way but I did and a big-ass camera rig and quite a bit of pain are helping me find it again.
Get hurt, get up, and laugh it off while you cry.

3 comments:
right on!
Thanks, Ma!
Well, that's fuckin' fantastic Baby!
Post a Comment