Thursday, April 3, 2008

You know, in a situation like this, there's a high potentiality for the common motherfucker to bitch out.


It's 11pm Thursday night in Stockholm. I'm slowly dying from the amount of crazed work we've been doing all week. I have to go to bed right now and wake up at 5:30am so we can drive for an hour to a decommissioned military base on top of a mountain. We'll have to carry everything uphill and downhill and sidehill and you know, all over. It's going to be brutal and painful and maybe beautiful. Who knows, we'll see what's going on tomorrow.

Today was a beaut: I went the wrong way coming out of the subway and couldn't figure out where the hell I was. I finally admitted defeat and called Bjorn who sent our location guy to pick me up. I did manage to navigate back to the subway station and no one noticed I was late. Stupid American. From there we ran around with the Steadicam until we were all exhausted only to discover that the brunt of the days work was going to be in a Fölks Hus. Yep, we shot a wedding reception all day. Didn't eat for about six hours. No rehearsals, no time, no idea, no way. On the plus side, one of the art department guys is the guitarist in a really good rockabilly band and they played the wedding reception. Too bad they only got to play the same song over and over but goddamn if it weren't good. They had the look down to: Western shirts, rolled jeans, cowboy boots and slick backed hair. The base player had the most amazing looking stand-up bass I've ever seen. Simple, clean lines, gorgeous finish. Made me want to go to the Lodge.

I'm dead. I think it's pasta time and hopefully I'll get to shoot some photos tomorrow. The location is supposed to be cool but I may be too busy getting my ass kicked to notice. Joy to the world, bitches!

10 comments:

savannah said...

is this film going to be finished in time? btw, i had to google the title..and guess who came up 3rd in the search...of cabbages and swedish kings"

captain chaos said...

Huh? I hope no one else on the film crew does that. There's some stuff on here I'd prefer they didn't see!

Momentary Madness said...

..... keep on pushing that stone up the hill, and when you get to like it you'll know you've arrived;-) ;-)

savannah said...

the title of your post, i meant...couldn't figure out what movie it was from. i think there's an option in customize/setup that allows you to take your blog out of a search or something.

savannah said...

under settings:

Let search engines find your blog?

If you select "Yes" we will include your blog in Google Blog Search and ping Weblogs.com. If you select "No", everyone can still view your blog but search engines will be instructed not to crawl it.

Momentary Madness said...

...... you came up 2nd. on my google .... i hear your blog has been picked to highlight what a blog should be a Diary/day ti dat account. It's getting world-wide coverage starting with the NEW YORK TIMES on monday morning;-)
;-) ;-)

captain chaos said...

Mom-thanks for the LA style heads up. Taking steps to fix it as soon as I sober up.

Paddy-don't know if you're kidding but hop you're fucking with me cuz I love the people who have the balls to just fuck with someone for no good reason. Either way, I'm trying to hide my blog from my bosses for no good reason except cowardice.

savannah said...

no worries.

Momentary Madness said...

All's cool man.

captain chaos said...

Everybody's happy again! Yeah!