Monday, April 21, 2008

Six bucks and my right nut says we're not landing in Chicago.

Sorry about not posting on Sunday but the day was as much of a wash as Saturday. I basically woke up at the ass crack of dawn and spent the rest of the day on various planes and trains and automobiles. I did manage to finally have a good pizza at my favorite joint, Vinni Van GoGo's. Such a nice change from crappy Swedish pizza! I'm not even really home and I'm already feeling this insane sense of relief that I'm not in Stockholm anymore. It's hot here and it's only 8:30am! Imagine what it will be like at noon! Mom is here, dog is here, and I think the rest of the day will be spent eating and dealing with billing for the last two weeks of the movie. Nice.

Speaking of the movie: Friday, the last day of the movie, was ridiculous. They scheduled a million shots utilizing three cameras and short ends. A short end is what you call the remainder of a roll of film. Usually, a roll of film for a 35mm movie camera is enough for four minutes of shooting but sometimes we don't use the whole four minutes. What's left is a short end and is usually a minute or two of film. We generated so fucking many short ends on this movie that it kind of became a running joke. Yeah, real funny until the bean counters finally figure out what the whole department already knew: lots of short ends represent lots of lost money unless you shoot 'em. So we did, with three cameras all day and it sucked. We brought in an extra guy and he sucked. All in all, the last day should have been mellow and kind of fun but ended up being a complete nightmare. And then they hit me with the crane. Yeah, right after the martini (last shot of the day) the 1st AD and the director's assistant knocked Henrik, the DP, into the pool even though he was holding the crane. He falls in, the crane hits me in the shoulder and the face and pins my bad leg against the other camera. Good times. Busted lip, sore shoulder, and that's a wrap on Hassan!

At least the party was an all night rager! I think the photos from Saturday's post just sort of explain themselves so there you go. Oh, I dropped my camera at the party so no more photos. Wah!

2 comments:

savannah said...

dude, i can't beliee you wee writing this as we sitting at the table talking! (well done, son) ;-)

captain chaos said...

Multi-tasking, it's genetic!