Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The young carpenter from Nazareth? I know him well. Promising young man. He died badly.


I am sick. I am very sick and full of Swedish wonder drugs. I think they package and label as aspirin everything from Ecstasy to cocaine. The good stuff, pure and unadulterated savagery for your headpiece. I am delirious and sweating in the cold night. We were outside and it was several degrees below freezing. My eyes hurt it was so cold but I am a junkie now. If a Swede has a pill I will take it in the hopes that it will stop the horrible pain behind my face. If a Swede has a pill I will take it so that my throat will open up and I can eat without weeping. So high.  So very, very high.
Why am I sick again? Did I ever get better? Was it all a lie I told myself so that Melah wouldn't be stuck with a half-dead boyfriend on her only trip to Stockholm? It's too late at night and I'm too beat down to deal with anything. Bad blogging is still blogging, la la la la laaaaa!

8 comments:

savannah said...

has anyone suggested you see a doctor? it's certainly not getting warmer there (i love the weather widgets)

captain chaos said...

Everyone else has already had this horrible head cold. They were done in a week. I have a few days left but I may see a doctor on Saturday if I still feel this bad. What do you think: swollen glands in throat, difficulty swallowing, eustachion tubes and ear canals irritated, fluctuating fever, otherwise fine. What does that sound like?

Alan said...

Tonsillitis (if you have them) are they covered with a yellow/white coating- that’s it then.
You need (if caused by bacteria) anti-biotic, and anti-inflammatory tabs (if viral-- drugs: anti-biotic are useless. Stay warm and drink lots of fluids.
Streptococcus if not treated with penicillin or other appropriate antibiotic, can lead to rheumatic fever. I’d see a doctor if I were you.

savannah said...

see a doctor IMMEDIATELY! don't try to self medicate! don't make me call you! it could be a lead-up to pneumonia.

CreoleBeBop said...

Uh, how do you say I need a doctor in Swedish?

Pops

The Good Times said...

What are you trying to prove again??? That you are the biggest bad ass camera assistant that has ever walked the northern hemisphere. Fine your it!!!! Now take the take the rest of the day off and get some rest. There is no valor being patient zero and re infecting the rest of the platoon. Besides, why torture yourself for a crew you will NEVER work with again and a DP who already respects you enough invite you all the way across the globe.

Oh yeah it's 80 degrees and sunny here in LA, and there is plenty of work to be had by all........

Anonymous said...

ok, i just got caught up on the numerous posts that mr. lonely la boy in the dark cold nights of sweeden has been writing. some very good stuff there, incl photos.

i gotta add that being sick sucks worse when it's 60 and sunny outside, as it is here in northern cali (yay area!). so, i sorta feel yr pain, and my voice is shot so i sound like a lame ass korean male version of demi moore (pre-implants too beeyatch).

i echo the chorus of the wise elders saying that you need to get to a doctor soon. come on man - it's friggin socialized medicine, so it'll be free!! what are you waiting for?

unless you really do want to die while flying back to la and we can have a huge wake for you? nah - it can't end like that.

i much prefer moose's comment from the last post. so classic.

mia said...

you're not gonna die.. so shut it!
get your ass back to LA we start shooting in May! half dead or alive you will come back and you will start shooting... lol.. i sound selfish? yes I am...
suck it up...... your mr. H....
ps. and you won't die evil doesn't die! mean very mean... but you know i still have mad love fo' ya'.....