Monday, March 24, 2008

Home... home is where you wear your hat... I feel so breakup, I wanna go home.












Here are some photos of the last day and a half. I find them all very funny, although I'm well aware that many people think I am the least funny person they've ever met. While I respect these people's right to an opinion I still think they're dicks.

Anyway, the first photo is of Melah at the National Museum. As you can see, she is eating and missing all the art, even the devilishly handsome couple behind her. Silly Melah. The next photo is from the most rockin' and rollin' Thai restaurant in Stockholm, Koh Phangan. There are little bamboo huts inside, a tuk tuk scooter, a stream, and tons of blacklight. It apparently looks just like a bar in Thailand. The food, unfortunately, ain't that special overall but Melah managed to order some damn good ribs. The bathroom is very sophisticated, as you can see from the next photo. Stay classy, Stockholm! The last two photos are from our morning constitutional. Melah hasn't seen falling snow since she was knee high to a grasshopper and at 5' 11" that was clearly a long time ago.

Too bad she has to leave tomorrow and I have to go back to work. At least my yurt won't be so crowded anymore but I will go back to being lonely. C'est la vie and as my mother loves to say, "this is the life we've chosen."

Well, I'ma git lunch. Peace be with you and won't someone please think of the children!

3 comments:

Alan said...

Yes it looks like - where you are too - spring is put on hold in the frozen north- 7 to minus 9 here in Finland over the last few days.
I can't help wondering what snow, and cold is like as a novelty any more, but it must be n/ice.

Barney said...

"It's not my goddamn planet! Understand, monkeyboy?"

We just got back from a little ski trip and since it was the first time I've been out this season, I know how the snow feels, especially the cruel icy underlayer what whacked my right shoulder.

But seriously man, look for the snaps called Bäska Droppar--it's like Jägermeister w/o the sugar. It cured my throat of airplane junk and got me a funny look from the bartender, who told me that nobody besides old men drank the stuff.

captain chaos said...

Sean- Snow is funny stuff. Melah loves it as novelty while I like it photographically but hate it otherwise. Go figure.

Barney- Bäska Droppar? Only old men? I'm on it!