Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dead? No excuse for laying off work.

Looks like another perfect day! We love Stockholm! Da na na na na na na na nah!

Good day today. Started off with a 7am visit from the building super and an electrician. Doesn't sound too bad except I went to bed at 2am. Two minutes of work inside followed by two hours of drilling in the hallway. Awesome. I was actually excited to get on the subway just so I could get some sleep. Work started off with more snow and a department store. So nice to walk right in and not carry anything. We actually got to use our carts to haul our gear. Just like on a big-time Hollywood movie. Yeah. A couple of quick scenes, some confused looks from the locs and we were out.
Of course our second location was completely different from the first in every bad way possible: two story walk up an old-ass stairway, tiny apartment, and no air. Don't any of these locations have elevators? Another small apartment, more dull scenes, and me struggling to stay awake and we had to take our shoes off. I guess it's a Swedish custom but I know I stubbed my toe three times. Yeah, fucking living the dream, baby! Thankfully it was a short day and the only part that was tough was the load in and load out.
Now I'm home and exhausted and I just want you all to know I love you dearly.

4 comments:

savannah said...

did you buy my present yet?



(i love you, too!)

(ghost is fine btw)

captain chaos said...

nada as of yet. whaddaya want?

Alan said...

Finish custon too. Drives me crazy.
OK, you take off your shoes if they're covered in muck, but the fact that it developes into must do - custom - makes me feel I'm being restrained even before my visit starts.
Put hand-cuffs on me , but please don't ask me to take my shoes off. I think I'm clever enough to know what I should to show respect.

captain chaos said...

Exactly! If you rent your flat out to a film crew don't ask them to take their shoes off! Everyone is carrying heavy stuff, your house is going to get trashed no matter what, and for God's sake who cares? You're going to get paid, right? Crazy kids.