So I didn't post yesterday because I couldn't muster up the strength to get up and buy a power adapter for the old MacBook. Oops. What can I say? I was sick as a dog and existing on nothing but bread and matte, which was a bad choice. I drank eight cups of matte on Sunday and it left me feeling like a speed freak. Must remember to limit matte intake to something reasonable, like one cup a day. OH! Best thing ever: managed to make it to the corner store and everything I bought tasted awful. Everything seems to have an unnatural excess of salt in Sweden. Even the butter comes in medium salted, salted, extra salted, and something that looks like salt with butter in it. I tried some hot dogs and they tasted like meat paste with saltwater seasoning. Frozen Swedish meatballs? Salt licks shaped like meatballs. I've got to figure out how to shop here without killing myself with a salt overdose. I'd kill for a good steak or even a burger. I may have to resort to going to Burger King or McDonalds. Ughhh.
On the good side, I am getting better and managed to get around my little neighborhood in search of food. I also got to see a bunch of the city on the way out to the camera rental house. Mostly cool with some glaring exceptions that point to the Swedish disconnect with it's own architectural heritage sometime around the sixties. Poor bastards. More later, gonna watch some sweet CNN coverage of all things Russian.

3 comments:
like i need one more thing to distract my addled mind at work - damn. i look fwd to reading about your adventures in viking land (or is that some other scandanavian country?? - shit, they're all just huge blond white people to me).
i know you like your heineken and patron shot (i've bought some of those setups for you before), but maybe you'll learn more about vodka.
come home in one piece and we'll drink to yr return.
pete
the levitating man! i'm still sick! and your dawg is still alive!
(hi, pete kim!!! from hassan's mom)
Sweden and Finland know nothing about sausage, but then neither do Americans. I guess you think I mean only the the Germans pass mustard or is it muster,,, no I mean the English, Coleman's Please!
You know over use of salt tells you ....... no taste.
The Russian election?
Ask the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Observers from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), Andreas Gross said, ”Russia's "democratic potential" was unfulfilled; there was no freedom" in Sunday's vote. President Vladimir Putin hand-picked the candidate, Dmitry Medvedev.
Catch you later alligator.
Post a Comment