Monday, March 31, 2008

I admire you as a policeman, particularly your adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job.

Ah, today was a good day here in Stockholm. Sweltering 52° outside, sunny and no clouds, snow completely melted. Good day. On top of that we shot inside a pool with a sauna. It was sweltering and perfect. I guess we're there for the last two weeks which, joy of joys, starts at the end of this week. We're all going to wear swim trunks and dive into the pool as soon as they call lunch. Maybe even get some scuba lessons. I'm finally excited.

The bad part of today, which led to today's title, is that the places we're shooting are kind of crowded. This crowding led to certain jackalopes on the crew doing their jobs poorly which then resulted in my shit getting fucked with and I exploded. The boom guy crossed his cables all over my power cables and the video guy tied a bow around the whole thing. Mind you, I'm handheld at this point trying to maneuver around a room. When the power cable extension got popped in the middle of the take and the two guilty parties just looked at me with deer-in-the-headlights eyes I lost it. It wasn't too bad, I just didn't talk for a few minutes while I unplugged everything, even stuff that wasn't mine, and rerouted the entire room. Sweating and cursing under my breath, good times and I think I scared the DP, the Director, and the entire crew. Good fun!

There was another moment much like that a little bit later and I have a feeling that I will be throwing both the boom op and the sound tech into the pool sometime soon. I'll have Bjorn take photos, it'll be hilarious.

Hmm, I think it's ice cream time. Later all.

7 comments:

savannah said...

what movie is that from?????

and i hate the stoic silence and the death ray stare! even reading this post made me invoke my mantra: it's not my fault, i didn't do it

(can't wait for the pool pics!)

captain chaos said...

Is this the first title you couldn't place? Nice, but I'm not trying hard enough. That line is from LA Confidential. Great movie. Yeah, I was told by my second that I looked very scary, especially when I told him "Get that fucking thing away from me," in regards to the directors mini-monitor that he was going to plug back into the camera. Whoa.

savannah said...

sweeeet! well done, dude!

The Good Times said...

The 1000 mike stare!!!! So effective in creating fear and respect from other crew members. Although I must admit I have never seen you get really upset....well.... maybe once that time we had a forced hire loader and he completely botched the job.

Mr. Moose said...

I hope you keep this blog up when you get home. I love the movie set/post-work insanity/war on stupidity theme of your writing. Plus it's funny as hell. But what will you do with the blog title?

captain chaos said...

I was thinking about that last night. I think I leave it, post-Stockholm will be the cabbages part.

Barney said...

So far your writing appears to have been criminally cabbage-deficient.
It's time to get cruciferous.