Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him.












I did absolutely nothing today and it was awesome! It is only 7:30pm so the possibility exists for some more shenanigans a la last night but I should probably relax. I digress, back to today and then I'll confess my sins from Friday night. I'm still lounging in my boardshorts in my little Ikea room dicking around on the Internet and wasting time. It feels kind of odd, spending a day in this little-ass room reading the LA Times on-line and looking at ticket prices for an El Salvador surf trip. I guess I needed to relax but I also feel that it's hard to motivate to go out when you're all alone. The other guys on the crew are all busy today so I really don't have anyone to hang out with, which is fine. Ah, lethargy thy name is Hassan!

To the left you will notice some photos. The first one is of me drinking Brooklyn Lager while Bjorn picks his god damn nose. We're in a neighborhood restaurant that wasn't half-bad. I had scallops with bacon but the bacon was too crispy and the scallops weren't quite done right. The lamb was fantastic, done right and with a really nice sauce. Good God I like food. Next up is an art shot that didn't really work. Bjorn took the photo but I think he was a little too drunk. The next couple of photos are of Swedish street art that I thought was sort of cool. The first one is in the subway and just seemed funny. The other one is about six feet tall and a little creepy as I walked around a corner and bam! Ran into strange black and white paste up goofiness. Finally, we have a photo of me drinking a beer by the name of Hell. Of course I ordered a Hell beer as soon as I saw them because I'm an idiot but the beer was fucking good. Apparently, Hell is Finnish for light and the beer is a light lager. When the guy who makes the beer found out what Hell meant in English he went out and made a dark stout called Heaven. Good stuff people.

After dinner we wandered around to several bars in the ritzy Ostermalm area. Jonathan ordered me a shot of something that had Tabasco in it and I think I may have to kill him. We went to a bar that used to be a strip bar but the Swedes are all now anti-strip bars and apparently you can't find a titty bar in Stockholm anymore. Odd. From there we wandered over to a "rock" bar where we had to check our coats in and pay to get inside. I swiped a beer from a really ridiculous looking Ozzie imitator and then proceeded to get very drunk with the guys. They even had a black-jack table in the bar. Bjorn stole my camera and took a series of out of focus (even though the camera is auto focus) and over-exposed shots of girl's breasts. He's very funny when drunk, sort of a mini-Tasmanian devil flying all over the bar starting shit. Next up was a posh bar full of Stockholm's beautiful people and while trying to get in we lost several of our posse. Bjorn wandered off muttering about food and sell outs and whatnot and Jonathan just disappeared all of a sudden. When we finally got inside the place was physically very interesting: high ceilings with detailed mouldings and columns. The place used to be an expensive apartment owned by a rich doctor during the late 1800s and stayed in his family for generations until being bought and turned into a huge, goofy club. Everyone was packed in like sardines and the music was absolutely atrocious European techno. Lots of pushy broads and badly dressed guys and the drinks were pretty pricey but we all managed to have a great time. Gustav pinched some girl's ass and got away with it while I took photos of drunk Swedes. At around 4am we packed it in and called it a night. All in all, Stockholm late night is totally hilarious and enjoyable and the people are fucking hilarious. Case in point, I met a Finn in line for the bar and somehow he ended up telling me that the real "bro" handshake in Finland is called a hummer. After I was done laughing I explained that he should probably never say that in America, for obvious reasons.

I think I'll go get a beer.

4 comments:

savannah said...

forget a beer! have you purchased MY present yet??????

captain chaos said...

Ha ha! Nice one, Ma. I'll find something good over Easter. Promise. How's my dog?

ninabit said...

i'm glad you found the brooklyn beer over there, but, mind you, brooklyn fags suck hard. i hate these kids. please come visit so we can getdrunkandbrawlsomebrooklynkidbutt.
fags!

Unknown said...

Brooklyn Lager tastes so much better in Brooklyn.